James M. Adams, RS, MPH
Mark H. Adams, RS, MPH
Director of Environmental Health
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Canton City Health Department
420 Market Avenue, North
Canton, OH 44702
Click here for our Tire/E-Waste/HHW Collection Program - SPECIAL NOTE: We no longer take tube televisions or monitors.
The Environmental Health Division's purpose is to protect our community's health through the prevention and control of environmentally related communicable diseases and through the minimization of exposure to environmental health hazards.
Our department of professionals is committed to…
- Assessing the community's environmental health needs and to develop quality, science-based programs in response to these needs.
- Monitor the community's environmental health status and to improve existing services based on changing conditions.
- Providing accurate information and quality educational outreach programs to our community.
- Advocate the principles and values of public health.
- Responsible and professional enforcement of public health regulations.
- Professional conduct that inspires excellence in communication, problem solving, cooperation, teamwork, and public health service.
- Make a difference within our community through coordination and collaboration with the public, industry and service organizations.
We take pride in serving our public, and most issues can be addressed by our personnel. Below is a list of complaints we can address:
Smoking in public places
Excessive animal wastes
Garbage, trash and rubbish
Not road side litter control
Indoor air quality
Complaint investigation and inspections
Arthropod-borne disease control
Animal bite investigations
Complaint investigation, licensing and inspection
Private water systems
Wells and cisterns
Household sewage tmt
Lead hazard reduction
Elevated blood levels / home testing
Infectious disease control
Licensing, inspection, complaint investigation
Poor sanitary condition investigations inside private residences
Stormwater pollution prevention
Solid & Infectious waste
Investigations, licensing and inspections
School environment inspection and licensing
Day care inspection and certification
Information about Bed Bugs
E-Waste, Tire, HHW Collection
Used tires on and off the rim, HHW, and a multitude of wastes can be dropped off. NO CHARGE.
All environmental health services are provided by sanitarians registered by the Ohio State Board of Sanitarian Registration.
Any complaint can be submitted via phone, email, in person, or letter during normal business hours or by calling the Division at (330) 489-3327.