Board of Health

Healthy Lifestyle

Health Commissioner

Health Department

General Information


Who is eligible for WIC?

The WIC program is open to income eligible: women who are currently pregnant, women who had a baby is the past 6 months and aren't breastfeeding, women who are breastfeeding up to 1 year postpartum, infants, and children up to the age of 5. WIC also verifies residency requirements and a health professional will determine a nutritional need during the certification appointments.

What do I bring to my certification/re-certification appointment? 

In order to determine your WIC eligibility, please bring the following to your appointment:

1. Persons applying for the program.

2. Proof of income (3 current pay stubs, Ohio Works First, Food Stamps, or current Medicaid Card/billing number).

3. Proof of identity for whoever is applying (birth certificate, medical card, driver's license, crib card for infants under 9 months old).

4. Proof of identity for case head.

5. Proof of residence showing your name and current address (utility or credit bill, WIC appointment card).

6. If pregnant, a doctor's statement showing due date.

7. Children's shot records.

8. If re-certifying, bring your WIC Nutrition Card.


What do I need to bring for appointments in-between certification appointments?

Anytime you come to the WIC office, please bring your identification and WIC Nutrition Card.

When can I pick up Farmer's Market coupons? 

Pick up for Farmer's Market coupons is usually some time in July. Check the website for exact dates/times closer to July.

What should I do if the doctor changes my babies formula?

Depending on the formula, we may need a note from the doctor. Call the WIC office and speak with a dietitian to determine if a prescription is needed.

What should I do if I am breastfeeding but want formula? Or if I need help with breastfeeding?

See our Breastfeeding Information page for more information on how WIC can help you with your breastfeeding needs. If at any point you want formula to supplement or plan to stop breastfeeding, please contact our office and speak with a dietitian who can determine your needs.


Go to income eligibility for information about the income guidelines for WIC.


For other questions, please contact your local WIC Office

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Home > Women, Infants and Children > Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ's)