Board of Health

Healthy Lifestyle

Health Commissioner

Health Department

General Information

Women, Infants, Children (WIC)


Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.  It is a health program that provides nutrition education, supplemental foods, screening and referrals to other health and social service agencies.  WIC helps income eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women, women who recently had a baby, infants, and children under five years of age, who are at medical or nutritional risk.

 WIC helps to:

*  Improve pregnancy outcomes by providing or referring to support services
    necessary for full-term pregnancies.

*  Reduce infant mortality by decreasing the incidence of low birth weight.

*  Increase breastfeeding rates among newborns.

*  Give infants and children a healthy start in life by providing nutritious

Clients are seen on an appointment basis only

Contact your local WIC office to schedule an appointment

Go to Eligibilty to see if you or your child is eligible to apply for the WIC program.   


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Home > Women, Infants and Children > Program Description