Board of Health

Healthy Lifestyle

Health Commissioner

Health Department

General Information

Yard Waste

The burningof yard waste (i.e. leaves, grass clippings, brush, etc.) is illegal in most areas of Stark County. What can be done with it?

DROP OFFS Many sites throughout Stark County accept yard waste FREE OF CHARGE all year long! Follow this link for details

CURBSIDE Some municipalities pick up leaves at the curb every fall. Watch your local newspaper or call your city of residence to see if this option is available to you.

MULCHING Mulch your leaves by mowing them. Mulching helps release nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium into the soil and can improve the overall health of your lawn.

For further information regarding open burning in Stark County, contact the Canton City Public Health, Air Pollution Control Division at (330) 489-3231 or visit